Are you looking for self-storage in your area? Self-storage can be useful for a number of purposes. For example, craft storage, decluttering, extra space storage, storing your personal belongings, remodelling house storage and much more. The purpose of this article is to provide you with insights about self-storage facilities and the self-storage industry. Here are some tips on how to find local storage:
Finding local storage companies
- Going to the storage facility directly. Probably you have noticed that there are some storage locations around your area, you can, therefore, drive to those locations and find out more about their services. Most storage companies choose easily accessible locations.
- The phone book can also be beneficial when it comes to locating storage units in your area. The yellow pages, for example, will have the contacts of the local storage service in your area.
- Storage companies can also be found via the print media. These companies pay vast sums of money to get their advertisements published in magazines and newspapers.
- If you have internet access, you can simply search these storage companies and get results. More than 90% of storage companies have a presence on the internet through their websites and also in social media such as facebook and twitter. In these websites, you can find information on rental payments, security features size of the units and other important information that helps choose the storage facility which suits your storage needs.
How to select a suitable storage facility
If you are considering using Self Storage facilities, you must select the best one. This will ensure that you have a pleasant storage experience. Here are some important that you have to consider if you are looking for the best storage facility.
- There must be adequate security measures in the storage facility.
- The available units must be of the right size and shape in order to meet your needs.
- The storage must be clean, neat and well maintained.
- The facility must be climate controlled to ensure your items are safe from damage. If it is not climate controlled, it might become damp after some time and damage your items.
Types of storage facilities
Storage facilities come in four varieties, and they include:
- Portable container storage. This type is mostly used when you are carrying out some remodelling work at your home, and you require some space for your storage.
- Non-climate controlled storage. This type of storage is usually cheaper as compared to the climate-controlled ones. You can decide to have this container in your home and have the storage company come and pick it up once you have stored your belongings.
- Climate controlled storage. They are available in enclosed buildings. They are humidity and temperature controlled, which ensures the safety of your items.
- Information management service. When you decide to use this storage service, the company will come to your home or office, pick up your items for storage and transport them to their climate-controlled storage units.